Saturday, June 25, 2011

Still Honest?

Okay, I've sat and pondered to whether I am always honest with everything and everyone around me. Seeing as how I am now, I have come to the realization that "I am a pessimist because of intelligence but an optimist because of will" -Antonio Gramsci.  Now because of this I believe that the right thing to do is to be blunt. I lie to myself daily and don't always say my honest opinion to people. Somewhere between sugar-coating everything, I lost the truth in what I said. I was so worried about who I may offend that I forgot that the whole point of voicing my opinion is to change others into believing the same way I do and then together we would lead the world into a better future. (But in the long run of course)
I can't say what needs to be said if I am constantly worrying about being judged and ticking people off. The nerves kill my confidence and no one wants to listen to someone who is not confident because if they don't even believe in themselves then why should you? So my new mission is to be confident and not take the time to sugar-coat things, because if I cant be honest with myself about what I truly believe and voice it out loud then I suppose it's best not to speak at all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, what I feel is, it's not bad to sugar-coat what you have to say to someone if that soothes them. Just be careful that you don't coat it way too much that the other person gets deceived by what you have to say. Otherwise there's nothing wrong in hiding your honest opinion that saves someone from getting disappointed.

    ReplyDelete