Friday, February 4, 2011

Still Happy?

Happiness is said to be "The fuel to thrive and flourish and leave this world better than you found it." acccording to Dr. Barbara Fredrickson

Sometimes the average workaholic complains that they would give anything for a day off, but when they finally get it all they do is work on things other than what they took a break from.
The truth is that no one is happy doing nothing until they become accustomed to it. (Maybe that's why I am so happy) But we are human and we do get bored. So with this extra time on our hands, maybe like the workaholic on his/her break, we work on other things because we want to better something. Get that stain out or do a load of laundry that you will probably never wear.
I wish I could tell you that on my days off I work at a homeless shelter or shovel old people's drive ways but the fact of the matter is that i dont even get around to personal tasks. And you know what? I'm not happy. But when I am happy, I feel inspired to do something. I want to spread that happiness and make people better so that i can leave this world better than i found it. Spread your moments of joy.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so what exactly you do when you are happy, and get a day off as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I just go and find beauty in the world. Do what I want to do. The sky is the limit. I sometimes listen to music or try to spread some joy and inspiration myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm, well....tats cool... Enjoy life to the maximum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You as well. But what do you do when you have a day off?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would watch some movies, play cricket/hockey and spend time with friends chatting....

    ReplyDelete